Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ebay!




I managed to spend $37 on ebay today. i bought 7 different packs and each pack has assorted larger pieces of material about 2mtrs in each pack so i got 1 pack for $5.30. which i thought wasnt too bad considering you pay more than that for 1 metre here in town. I cant wait till they get a spotlight here in gladstone, then i will be in 7th heaven lol.


for those who dont know what spotlight is , it is a big craft shop that sells everything to do with craft as well as curtain and blind materials , dinner ware, towels , sheets, blankets, it is wonderful. But the thing that makes it wonderful is that it is cheap with out being poor quality.

I like making quilts with lots and lots of different fabrics in them, you could almost call them scrap quilts.
The reason for this is that i like the fact that every time some one looks at it, they find something different in the blocks every time.
When i made my mother inlaws Autumn leaves Quilt, she said to me 3 weeks after giving it to her, "I have looked at this quilt everyday for 3 weeks and i only just realised that it has kangaroo's on it "
I laughed and said yep thats the whole idea mum , its so you dont get bored with it!
this is my daughter lily in her hula outfit grandma got for her when she went on her boat cruise around the islands , noumea, mystery island etc.

1 comment:

swooze said...

Hey Disney! Here is our next princess! She is beautiful!